Friday, January 18, 2013

Ruins


I wrote this for anyone who has been through or is going through pain, and/or despair in their life. The picture in my mind is a back alley, circa post WWIII... desolation.  And even amid this, there is a future and a hope in Jesus.



In the ruins and the rubble
of a life that's crashing down
At the edge of my vision 
I caught a fleeting glimpse
There You stood in clothes like mine
The murky dust-filled air 
clung to Your skin too,
the acid rain burned into both our scalps.
I turned to You and fear melted off of me
In Your eyes a strength absolute
without waiver
I suddenly knew You had always been there
To feel what I felt
to see what I saw
You smiled then and hope began to fill my heart.
No more steps alone
Now in cadence together 
You take me through
Not away, not around,
But through.

No comments: